The Memphis Grizzlies is a National Basketball Association team based in Memphis, Tennessee. The team plays in the Western Conference in the Southwest Division. It was established in 1995 together with the Toronto Raptors as part of the Association’s Canadian expansion.
The major owner of the team is Michael Heisley who controls around 95% of the franchise. The remaining 5% is then distributed to several local owners include equity manager Staley Cates, AutoZone founder J.R. Hyde and former NBA Player Elliot Perry.
Originally called the Vancouver Grizzlies, the team played in Canada in 1995 to 2001 before moving to Memphis. They play their home games in FedExForum and are known for their trademark colors of Memphis Midnight Blue, Beale Street Blue, Grizzlies Gold, White and Smoke Blue.
They currently hold no titles but have had a couple of players playing the All-Star games – Pau Gasol who played in 2006 and Zach Randolph who played in 2010.